Call 303.841.8999 (Please, no agents!)

Contact Us


What is Builders Risk Insurance?

A special type of insurance for property purchased when a cannabis business is renovating, adding, or constructing a new building for their operations.  Most cannabis cultivation and manufacturing facilities will have the need to construct specialized rooms, or add new electrical, plumbing, and hvac.  Other circumstances might include a brand new building.  In both circumstances, agreements made between the cannabis company and general contractor will include an obligation to buy a builders risk insurance policy.

A common mistake made by the business owner is using a standard building insurance policy to cover the property during construction.  This may have serious consequences when certain risk exposures are potentially not covered. 

DISCLAIMER: Material presented by Owner website is intended for information purposes exclusively. It is not meant for professional insurance or legal advice, to induce or solicit new clients, and must not be construed as such. Each individual situation is unique and requires a licensed insurance broker or attorney in your state to evaluate and recommend insurance or provide legal advise respectively. OWNER IS NOT LICENSED IN EVERY STATE. Each insurance company, policy, and broker are unique with their terms,conditions, and product offerings placing the responsibility of the user to conduct and rely on their own due diligence.